Req Id: 61208¬
Location: Boise, ID
A PMO (Program Management Office) Program Manager Lead (PMgr Lead) at Micron is managing and directing a team of Program Managers (PMgr) and is typically also responsible for the program management of a DRAM or NAND product from the planning stage through qualification and product ramp in accordance with Micron‚€™s Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process.¬
Reporting to: Director Program Management Office (PMO)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a team of 3-10 PMgr who are responsible for one or multiple DRAM or NAND programs
- Driving and supporting the introduction of a standardized program management methodology at Micron
- Proliferation of best practices for program management across the PMO organization
- Resolving conflicts between different programs and escalate decisions when required
Program Management prior to program release:
- Capture product requirements in close cooperation with the respective the BU (Business Unit) representative
- Drive an alignment process of product development targets with Engineering, R&D and BU
- Establish a ProChain(TM) based project schedule as the single source of truth
- Confirm availability of resources required to achieved the goals of the project and drive closure of gaps
- Work with the Supply Chain representative on a sample delivery plan for engineering and qualification samples
- Participate in and contribute to project kickoff
- Project execution: Establish and direct the PDT. This includes regular (typical: weekly) meetings of the PDT and to track the progress of the project. Set the pace, focus, and intensity of the entire team. The PMgr serves as the conscience of the PDT: No important issues are ducked or dissembled, the earlier issues are raised the better.
Program Management after project release:
- Monitor the project plan (includes weekly ProChain(TM) task updates): Drive and track required actions and follow ups especially when the execution of the project is off schedule.
- Decision making: Identify and quickly make decisions. Escalate decisions that are beyond the scope of the PDT in a timely fashion.
- Solve conflicts and set priorities to reach project goals
- Ongoing and active risk and change request management
- Participate actively in stage gate reviews according to the project schedule
- Drive product qualification and ramp as well as hand-off to Manufacturing/Supply Chain
- Regular (weekly) reporting of the program status to Engineering Management and to the lead BU. Coordinate and lead report outs at work reviews and program reviews.
- Lessons learned workshops to ensure proliferation of knowledge and best practices across the company
Successful candidates for this position
- have worked in a program management function before and are able to drive complex development projects,
- are self-aligned, outspoken and able to get things done following a structured¬ approach,
- have the ability to quickly analyze data and information,
- communicate openly and effectively
- have a good presence in meetings and excellent presentation skills
- have a strong engineering background in semiconductor industry, ideally a good understanding of memory product development
- are able to travel domestically and internationally,
- have 5+ years of experience in semiconductor or system development.
Education: BS degree or equivalent engineering degree required
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran‚€™s status, or other classifications protected under law. ¬ This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.